As our team competed at both the competitive and club level, we gained a great deal of clarity about what "sandbox" we like playing in and where we can excel. In the competitive arena, (playing in cash bonspiels and zone playdowns) we didn't experience much success. Our strategy and tactics were just as good as our oppositions', but the sheer lack of shot making and challenging on-ice dynamics limited our ability to fulfill our potential. However, at our club, we won the women's league aggregate (most winning team after the round-robin schedule) and our league championship. The winning that we saw happen in our club league was mainly due to the change at one of our positions. Part way through the season, a new player came on to our team. The issues regarding our dynamics no longer existed and because of the positive shift surrounding the "vibe" on the ice, our individual and team performances improved dramatically.
I would like to give you a feedback and season-ending compilation "focusing on anything we did together which had a positive impact on the team's experience".
- on the technical level through the team technical check up and the brushing feedback
- on the tactics and strategy level through getting to know our Strategic &Tactical DNA
- on communications: using the same language, observing the same aspects of a sliding delivery, excersing the same releases/release points etc.
- Our team won the final bonspiel last month (see attached doc) - This was the first time our team won a bonspiel!
- The club championship 2014 is played in a format as individual player on a fix position. Thomas ended up on the second place of all thirds in our club and yourstruely was on the top of the podium (see attached doc)
- Our season goal was to reach the top four in our club league - that's what we achieved. Unfortunately we couldn't win the last two final games.
If your club level team would like to send a resume to perhaps be one of the two teams for which I'll be your virtual coach for the 2014-15 season, my email address is email@example.com!